Lazy Saturday
So, I'm having the most beautifully lazy Saturday. I've made myself a pot of tea and I'm reading a book I just got yesterday, The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible. It's already totally hilarious and I'm only on page 6. Anyway, it occurred to me as I was reading that I am really an auditory learner, which if I remember correctly is more rare than other types of learning, say visual or kinesthetic. More people learn by doing than hearing. But, when I read I actually hear someone reading it aloud to me. It's like I'm using my eyes to convert words into a speech. I actually also see someone reciting or performing the words, too, which I guess also means I learn visually, but you get my meaning. When I was in college I loved listening to lectures and absolutely hated reading the texts. I ended up skipping a lot of reading, which may surprise some; I just had an incredibly hard time staying awake with a book in front of me. My best friend in college could sit with a book and read it cover to cover in a couple of hours; I sat with a book in the library and watched every single person walk through the door for an hour while I got through the same three pages. I guess that's also because ADD runs in my family. My sister is the only one who bothered to go and get herself diagnosed. We all just kind of developed coping mechansims to get us through life. Even with her diagnosis she never got any medication for it. But coping mechanisms can only get you so far. Your life is definitely affected by it if not dealt with properly. But I digress. What a surprise. Anyway, those are just some of my random thoughts today. I have random thoughts like these everyday, but I'm never near my computer when I have them. But today I was. Because I'm having a lazy Saturday. And it's pretty freakin awesome.

3 Comments:
i love random thoughts! haha! you rock Alice. :)
xoxo,heather
ok. that was me, Heather Clements... weird that it says anonymous. BOO!
alice you relly kned to rite a book bout all your wunderful dreems and thots. Were would the world be if we dindt have aurthors like Willy Shakesphere, Egor Alan Poe, or Nathaniel Hawkhorn??? Whose to say how many peeple you wood enspire with youre words of wistdom!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home