Just here to comment...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

2 Things (very scattered)

So, if you can, watch this video before reading further: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGyXXin9fzo

It's a scene from 30 Rock. LOVE that show, btw. Anyway, today I was thinking about the whole economic stimulus 2008 thing. Brought on by the fact that I haven't GOTTEN MY CHECK YET, I just started wondering where this money was coming from. How many taxpayers times $600... hmmm... How bad is the "not-recession" that we need this? I don't know... Anyway, that led to thinking about gas prices and how it's affecting my "life." By that I mean things I like to do that I don't do as much anymore. I've said several times to various people about how I now think twice before driving down to Quail Hill to hang out with friends because I know it'll cost me $10 in gas. That is pathetic. I also have been going to fewer and fewer shows, especially in LA, because it costs about $20 in gas to go to LA, and because of gas (!) I have way less spending money. HARRUMPH! That (!) is the reason for our "not-recession" right now! Dang. So my question to you is this: Are there things in your life that you are temporarily foregoing because of gas prices/smaller disposable income? Do share...

Secondly, I saw this young girl in a red Ferrari today. So weird. I wonder if she's a drug dealer...

Thirdly, (I know the blog title says two things...) I just realized that I seem to reread books I've already read more than I read new books. That probably says something about my personality... Although at the very least that justifies my book buying rather than borrowing from the library...

Bye for now.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM , Blogger Josh said...

Re: Are there things in your life that you are temporarily foregoing because of gas prices/smaller disposable income?

Indeed. I find myself refraining more and more often from taking the private jet up to Maine when all I want is a fresh lobster dinner.



Re: Point Number Two
I find it interesting that you immediately jumped to "drug dealer"... Perhaps the Ferrari was her (Pick one: literal / confectionery) father's?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home